Type: Single cylinder, 4-valve, (steel intake and exhaust) 4-stroke, liquid cooled, electric start with back up kick starter.
Compression Ratio: 12.1:1
Ignition: DC-CDI with variable ignition timing, Kokusan. 200 watt output at 6000 RPM
Spark Plug: NGK LKAR 8A-9
Lubrication: Twin oil pumps with cartridge oil filter. Separate oil for engine and clutch
Fuel System: 42mm Electronic Fuel Injection
Clutch: Wet multi-disc
Final Drive: O-ring chain
Added features to all Race Editions that make them stand out from a standard model include:
- Quick release front axle pull: it speeds up tire repairs and is very useful during a race as it saves precious seconds.
- Flag style hand guards, with a modern design, sturdy structure and "In-Mould" graphics; ideal for most extreme off-road riding.
- Factory aluminum footpegs: lightweight and strong. Wider than the stock peg. Has steel pins for better grip while still being very durable.
- Rear sprocket with an anodized aluminium core and stainless steel teeth: combines a light weight sprocket with the durability of a steel sprocket.
- Red aluminum chain tensioner blocks.
- Black Excel rims.
- Racing seat with a pocket for score cards.
- Black anodized shift lever and rear brake pedal.
- Transmission oil filler cap, engine oil cap (4t) and oil filter cap (4t) made of red anodised aluminum with a pure Factory look.
- Red rim stickers, special seat pocket, and Racing graphics.